Jalapeño Popper Fried Mezzaluna (Ravioli)
Serves: 6 to 8 People
Cook Time: 30 to 45 minutes
Cheesy, Spicy and Fried, what’s not love? Serve these Fried Ravioli with some nice cool ranch for dipping and enjoy all the flavor of a jalapeño popper with a crunchy crispy outside!
6 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Room Temp)
1 Cup Shredded Mild Cheddar
.5 Cup Pickled Jalapeno Rings (Drained and chopped)
1 Tbs Juice from Pickled Jalapenos
1 Tbs Corn Starch
1 Lb Mamma Mucci Fresh Lasagna Sheets
3 ea Eggs
3 Tbs Milk
2 Cup Nino’s Home-Made Italian Breadcrumbs
As needed Frying Oil of Choice
- Make the ravioli filling by using a food processor or mixer to combine Cream Cheese, Cheddar, Jalapeño, Jalapeño Juice and Cornstarch. Mix until it comes to a smooth texture. Then refrigerate until cold through.
- Once the filling is cold, lay out 1 lasagna sheet and cut in circles using a 3-3.5” round cookie cutter. Only work with one sheet at a time to prevent your pasta from drying out.
- Scoop 1 heaping Tablespoon of the filling into the center of each pasta circle
- Use either your finger or a pastry brush to lightly wet the pasta around the filling.
- Fold the pasta in half, pinching the ravioli closed around the filling. Then seal by pressing the tongs of a fork into the dough around the edges creating a crimping effect. Once you finish this process with one sheet of pasta go back and do the next sheet, repeating until all of your ravioli are made.
- Crack and Whisk Eggs and Milk together. Then Individually dip each Ravioli in the egg then right into the breadcrumbs. Cover in breadcrumbs then lightly pat the breadcrumbs down until the ravioli is lightly covered.
- Preheat deep fryer or a pan of oil on your stove to 300o F. Fry the Ravioli until golden brown. Keep in mind that depending on the size of the fryer or pot you are using you will have to limit the number of Ravioli being fried at once, overcrowding the oil will cause it to cool and affect the quality of the final product.
- Allow the ravioli to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Took some time to make.. but was completely worth it! I will be making these again.
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More