Italian Sausage Medley with Romaine & Peppers
Here is a salad which uses sausages as its primary meat! With peppers, onion, tomato and the surprise addition of Belgium Endive, this salad has a true Italian flair and will be a real pleaser.
Submit your review
- 1 pkg. Nino’s Hearts of Romaine
- 1 link Nino’s Sweet Italian Sausage
- 1 link Nino’s Chicken Italian Sausage
- 1 link Nino’s Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage
- 1 link Nino’s Wine & Cheese Sausage
- 1 e.a Sweet Onion, julienned
- 1 e.a Red Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1 e.a Yellow Bell Pepper, julienned
- 1 e.a Green Bell Pepper, julienned
- 2 e.a Roma Tomatoes, cut in 8 pieces each
- 1 e.a Belgium Endive, split in half lengthwise
- 1⁄4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1 cup Italian Dressing of choice
- 1⁄3 cup Parmesan Cheese, shaved
- – Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Roast sausages in a 350 F oven approximately 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Cool, and then cut sausages in half lengthwise then into 1/2″ pieces. Reserve.
- In a non-stick saute pan, heat 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil on high heat then sear Belgium endive halves on both sides until browned and slightly softened. Cool endive, and then cut into 1/2″ pieces. Reserve.
- In the same sauce pan, place remaining olive oil and saute onion and peppers until lightly browned and softened. During the last minute of sauteing, add garlic. Cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss romaine, sausage medley, peppers, onions (with garlic), Belgium endive, tomatoes and dressing of choice. Garnish salad with shaved Parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More