Homemade Nutella / Hazelnut/Chocolate Spread
Of course you can buy Nutella at Nino’s or you can actually make it and it’s really not that difficult.
Submit your review
- 1 cup (heaping) Whole Hazelnuts (Filberts), toasted & skinned
- 2/3 cup Powdered Sugar (don’t use granulated)
- 1 1/4 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 stick Salted Butter (at room temperature)
- 2/3 cup Half & Half (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Kosher or Sea Salt
- Pre-melt chocolate chips on the defrost setting in your microwave oven. Stir occasionally; be sure not to burn them. When they are completely melted, set aside.
- Toast your hazelnuts in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool, then rub off the skins and place, while still warm, in a food processor.
- Blend until as smooth as you can make it (about 2 to 3 minutes minimum).
- Add the melted chocolate chips, butter, vanilla and salt. Blend again at least 1 to 2 minutes.
- While mixture is blending slowly add half and half. Scrape down sides of bowl and continue to blend 1 minute longer.
- Store in an airtight container. This mixture will stay spreadable at room temperature but if refrigerated will need to be warmed slightly to spread easily once again.
- Will keep at room temperature 3 to 5 days or for a couple of weeks in the fridge if covered tightly.
This recipe will also work using MILK chocolate chips and/or skim milk.
You can also enjoy this delicious spread on pancakes, pound cake, on ice cream (it will harden a bit) or as a dip with strawberries, bananas or other fruits.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More