Healthy Chicken Flautas
Here is one of Chef Pete’s favorite “healthy” recipes which he hopes you will enjoy and that will help you to get started on a healthy course.
Submit your review
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Lb Pulled Nino’s Rotisserie Chicken Meat
- 12 Flour Tortillas, 6”
- – Vegetable Cooking Spray, as needed
- 1 cup Green Cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onion
- 1⁄2 cup Red Bell Pepper, Finely Julienned
- 1⁄4 cup Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Black Beans, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup Reduced Fat Monterey Jack Cheese
- – Low Fat Sour Cream (Optional)
- – Low Soduim Teriyaki Sauce (Optional)
- – Avocado, small slice (Optional)
- In a medium size saute pan over medium high heat, spray the pan with vegetable spray and saute the green onion, cabbage and bell pepper until softened. Reserve in a small bowl.
- Again spray the saute pan with vegetable spray, toss together the first 5 ingredients and saute in the pan 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Warm the flour tortillas in a microwave oven for a few seconds or toast them (lightly) on both sides over an electric or gas range burner.
- Place one flour tortilla on a flat working surface. At the bottom edge of each place approximately 1/4 cup of the seasoned chicken and 1 tablespoon each of the vegetable mixture, the shredded cheese and the black beans. Sprinkle with a good teaspoon of the chopped cilantro on top of the above ingredients and roll up into a “flute” (flauta). Repeat for the remaining.
- Optional ingredients can also be added to your flauta.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More