Grilled Pineapple and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
Delicious with our Mongolian Grilled Pork Tenderloin or Cajun Fish or Chicken this chilled salad is a terrific alternative sauce. It also makes a very suitable appetizer course on a hot summer’s day. For additional interest, you can use multiple colored peppers in the preparation.
Submit your review
- 6 each Red Bell Peppers
- 1 each Pineapple, Ripe, peeled, cored and sliced in 1/2″ rings
- 1⁄2 cup Red Onions, cut in half and then 1/4″ slices
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, Fresh, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Jalapeno Pepper, seeded, minced
- 1 each Lime, Fresh, juiced
- 1⁄2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- – Salt & Pepper, to taste
- – Non-Stick Vegetable Spray, as needed
- Spray a medium high Char-Grill (alternately you may use a fry pan) with non-stick vegetable spray and grill the fresh pineapple rings on both sides until they have golden brown grill marks. Remove them from the grill, cool, cut into small wedges and place them in a bowl.
- Roast whole red bell peppers over an open flame until well charred. Immediately place them in a sturdy plastic bag or in a bowl with a tight fitting lid and allow to steam for 5 to 10 minutes. Afterwards, rinse off the charred skin with cold water, remove the seeds and stem and cut the pepper into 1/4″ x 3″ strips. Add these red bell pepper strips and all the remaining ingredients to the pineapple and toss to mix.
- Allow the salad to chill for a minimum of 1 hour to marinate all ingredients together before serving.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More