Grilled Pineapple and Mango Salad
Originally created for a live TV segment on WDIV in Detroit, this wonderful salad was part of a Picnic Theme menu that featured many other unique and delicious recipes. Enjoy all by itself or with grilled poultry, fish or pork.
- 1 each Pineapple, Fresh, cut in 1/2″ rings
- – Non-Stick Vegetable Spray, as needed
- 2 each Mango, peeled, flesh cut in 1/2″ dice
- 2 each Colorful Bell Peppers, cut in 1/2″ x 1″ strips
- 1 cup Black Beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup Red Onion, cut in 1/2″ x 1″ strips
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onion, cut in 1/4″ on bias
- 1⁄2 tsp. Chipotle Powder (or substitue 1 seeded fresh jalapeno, chopped)
- 1 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Honey
- 1 each Lime, Fresh, juiced
- – Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Spray each side of pineapple rings and grill (or pan sear) on both sides until golden.
- Cool pineapple and cut into 1″ chunks.
- Place cut pineapple in a medium size mixing bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Toss, season with salt and pepper to taste and keep refrigerated until service.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More