Fried Pumpkin Wontons with Cinnamon Sugar
These pumpkin & cream cheese stuffed wontons will amaze your family and friends not only with their delicious flavor but the unique contrast of textures. These wontons can ALSO be dredged in cinnamon sugar while still HOT and then served with our Apple Butter.
Submit your review
- 1⁄4 cup Canned or Cooked Pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 3⁄4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1⁄4 tsp. Vanilla Extract, Pure
- 1⁄4 cup Cream Cheese
- 30 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 Extra Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- – Oil, for Frying (Canola, Peanut or Vegetable)
- – Powdered Sugar
- Stir together the pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, vanilla and cream cheese. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and the water for the egg wash.
- Place one wonton wrapper on a clean, dry surface. With a small pastry brush or a spoon, paint the edges of the wonton wrapper with the egg wash. Then spoon 1 1/2 tsp. of the pumpkin filling in the middle. Fold over to form a triangle and seal very well. Repeat for remaining wontons. NOTE: It’s important to make sure you have a good, tight seal, otherwise the filling will leak out and cause oil splatters when frying.
- Heat 1 1/2″ of oil in a saucepan, wok or small frying pan. When the oil reaches 325F, carefully slide in a few wontons into the oil with a long handled spoon. It’s best to use a screen to protect you from the oil.
- Fry for 1 minute on each side, until golden brown. Drain on rack to let cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More