Fresh Fish Tacos
A healthier version of fish tacos and equally as popular is below. For this recipe, you can use just about any fish you like (or that you have). Popular choices are Tilapia, Swordfish, Yellowfin Tuna, Halibut, Sea Bass… really, just about anything, but I would steer clear of Salmon only because its flavor is less conducive to blending in well with the Taco Seasoning flavors (in my opinion).
Submit your review
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, cut in 1/4″ x 1″ pieces
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup Colorful Bell Peppers, cut julienne
- 1/4 cup Poblano Chiles, cut in 1/4″ x 1″ pieces
- 2 1/2 lbs. Fish, Tilapia, cut in approximately 1/2″ pieces
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup Taco Seasoning Mix (your choice brand or try our Taco Seasoning Mix on this website)
- In a skillet, over medium high heat, add both oils and when heated, saute garlic, both onions, the colorful bell peppers and the Poblano chiles together until softened.
- Add fish pieces and saute 1 to 2 minutes or until they are opaque and firm.
- Add taco seasoning and stir in.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Portion approximately 1/3 to 1/2 cup of taco mixture in each taco shell while still warm and garnish with any one (or all) of my recommended garnishments.
Consider garnishing your taco with shredded lettuce, Monterey Jack cheese, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream and any spicy taco sauce you enjoy.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More