French Vanilla Ice Cream
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
When we scream for ice cream THIS is the recipe we choose to make. It’s rich, creamy and everything GREAT Vanilla Ice Cream was in the “Good Ole Days.” Vanilla ice cream is the most popular in the US, accounting for nearly 30% of all sales. And, oddly enough, we can thank founding father, Thomas Jefferson for bringing it to our shores.
Submit your review
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream 40%
- 8 Egg Yolks (Ex. Large Eggs)
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste
- Optional: Toppings to your taste
- In a stainless steel or non-reactive bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth.
- In a medium size saucepan, mix together the milk and cream and bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Remove the hot cream mixture from the burner and slowly whisk it into the egg mixture until smooth.
- Pour the cream and egg mixture back into the saucepan and return it to MEDIUM LOW heat while stirring with a wooden spoon until it thickens just enough to coat the back of a spoon. DO NOT ALLOW IT TO SIMMER!
- Once thickened, remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the 2 vanilla products. If not using vanilla bean seed paste, (which I would recommend), just double the vanilla extract.
- Place the saucepan with the finished mixture, into a cold water bath (preferably with ice cubes in it) and again continue to stir until the mixture is completely cooled.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into an ice cream churn and follow manufacturer’s directions for its use keeping in mind that you want to only churn until the ice cream holds a firm peak. Once properly churned, turn the finished ice cream into a pre-frozen container with a tight fitting lid for freezer storage.
- Allow to freeze approximately 4 to 6 more hours before serving.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More