A classic breakfast/brunch favorite with the “twist” of tomato. This recipe also features Nino’s own Butcher Shop Brand Pea Meal Bacon. You can also substitute any ham or bacon to make your own version.
Submit your review
- 2 each English Muffins, split and toasted
- 8 Slices Nino’s Butcher Shop Pea Meal Bacon, saute 1 minute
- 4 each Eggs
- – Dash Pepper
- 1 each Hollandaise Sauce Mix (2/3 cup sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1⁄2 cup Salvaggio’s Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp. Chives, snipped
- 2 tsp. Margarine or Butter, melted
- 4 Slices Tomato
- In a 2 quart square baking dish arrange toasted muffins, cut side up. Place 2 sauteed Pea Meal Bacon slices on each muffin half.
- Estimated time: 10 minutes. In a large shallow pot, bring 1 quart of water and lemon juice to just under a simmer, 200 degrees F (100 degrees C). Break the eggs into individual cups, being careful not to crack the yolks. Gently slide the eggs into the simmering water and cook just until the whites are set, 3 to 4 minutes. Poached eggs should feel soft when touched. Carefully remove the eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Spoon 1 egg atop each muffin stack. Prepare sauce mix according to package directions. Spoon sauce over muffin stacks.
- For crumb topping, combine crumbs, chives or parsley, and the 2 tablespoons margarine or butter; sprinkle over muffin stacks. Bake uncovered, in a 350 degree oven about 15 minutes or until heated through. Transfer to a platter or individiual plates; spoon any sauce in dish over eggs. Garnish with tomato slices.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More