Deep Dish Nacho Casserole
A cross between Nacho’s and a “Mexican” Lasagna, this recipe has all the favorite “South of the Border” flavors in one layered dish. Another bonus is that you can prepare this dish ahead of time, then re-heat and serve when company comes. Topped with fresh salsa, sour cream or enchilada sauce it’s sure to be a favorite for Mexican food lovers.
- 1 Lb Tortilla Chips
- 1 Quart Nino’s All Beef Taco Meat
- 2 cups Refried Beans
- 2 cups Salsa (1 cup used for bean mixture)
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 Lb Monterey Jack or Taco Cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup Black Olives
- 1⁄4 cup Jalapeno Pepper Rings, canned
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- – Non-Stick Vegetable Spray, as needed
- Mix together 2 cups refried beans with 1 cup salsa, chili powder and cumin.
- Spray a large oven proof casserole dish with non-stick vegetable spray and layer in 2 or 3 layers with tortilla chips, bean mixture, Nino’s All Beef Taco Meat and Monterey Jack Cheese. If adding black beans, corn or diced onion, layer them in at this time.
- Place the layered casserole in a 350 degree F oven for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove casserole from the oven and garnish with additional salsa, sour cream, black olives and jalapeno pepper rings.
- Optional ingredients like guacamole, shredded lettuce or hot pepper sauce can be added at this time as garnishes.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More