Whether for breakfast, an Entree or a dessert, crepes are a classic favorite that just have a way of putting a smile on your face and satisfies any craving for a special treat. Easy to make, they can be stacked one on top of another (without tissue or plastic film) and then frozen. Simply thaw and peel apart to use in your favorite crepe recipes.
Submit your review
- 3⁄4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 3⁄4 cup Milk
- 1 each Egg Yolk
- 1 each Whole Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt, the egg yolk and whole egg and half of the milk.
- Stir with a wire whip until smooth.
- Add the remainder of the milk and melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Start with a non-stick (Teflon) saute or fry pan on medium high heat.
- Additionally, spray the pan lightly with non-stick vegetable spray. For a 10 inch diameter pan, start with approximately 1/4 cup of crepe batter, and pour in the middle of the pan.
- Roll batter evenly over the surface of the pan by holding the pan up and tilting the pan from side to side and rotating in a circular manner to encourage batter to spread across surface.
- Return pan to burner and allow batter to set and slightly brown on edges of the pan.
- Lift one edge of the crepe with a spatula and turn over to cook 30 seconds on the opposite side. When finished, slip crepe out of pan onto a plate or cookie sheet.
- Repeat procedure and stack one finished crepe upon each other until all crepes are cooked.
Chocolate Crepes: Add 2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar, 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla & 2 Tbsp. Cocoa
Spinach Crepes: Blend in 1/4 cup, Pureed, Cooked Fresh Spinach, 1 pinch Garlic Powder & 1 pinch Onion Powder
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More