Cobblestone Bread with Fresh Rosemary, Roasted Garlic and Kalamata Olives
Rosemary is an evergreen shrub with pine needle-like leaves that is native to the Western Mediterranean region. The plant itself typically grows to a height of between 3 to 5 feet. The name Rosmarinus comes from the Latin ros maris or “dew of the sea”, from the dew-like appearance that sea spray creates on plants growing close to the water in its native environment. The fresh and dried leaves are used frequently in traditional Mediterranean cuisine as an herb; they have a bitter, astringent (menthol) taste, which complements a wide variety of foods.
Submit your review
- 1 loaf Frozen Bread Dough (1 lb.)
- 1 Whole Egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Roasted Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Sweet Onions, chopped, sauteed
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. Cracked Black Peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
- Sauté chopped garlic cloves until lightly browned.
- Add chopped onion and sauté 2 minutes, and then chill mixture.
- Thaw frozen dough and place on a cutting board.
- Chop into a few pieces then add raw egg, garlic and onion, Kalamata olives, fresh rosemary and cracked peppercorns.
- Chop with a large knife or cleaver until mixture is combined and portion into a lightly greased or vegetable sprayed 9” x 4” x 4” bread loaf pan.
- Cover pan with a cloth and let stand in a warm, draft free area until mixture proofs to double in size.
- Place proofed bread in a pre-heated 375 F oven approximately 30 minutes then sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Return to the oven 10 minutes.
- Check for doneness by looking to see that bread has slightly pulled away from the side of the pan and the color of the dough is golden brown.
Yields 1 Loaf
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More