Chocolate Soup (with Cocoa and Cinnamon Dusting) Petite Marshmallow and Toasted Almond Garnish
You will be stunned on how fantastic this chocolate soup really is! With the garnishments of cocoa, cinnamon, marshmallows and toasted almonds, this recipe is chocked full of the kind of “stuff” everyone loves.
Submit your review
- 4 1⁄2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 e.a Vanilla Bean, split and scraped of seeds
- 10 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped
- 5 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 5 Tbsp. Cold Water
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together milk and sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla bean with seeds.
- Bring the mixture to a near simmer and then let stand for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Strain mixture and return the liquids to the saucepan once again.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water until completely dissolved together and add to the milk mixture while stirring.
- Turn heat to medium and continue stirring until mixture comes to a simmer and you see a few bubbles.
- Remove liquid from the heat and add chopped chocolate while stirring.
- Continue to stir until all chocolate is melted into liquid.
- The soup can be served chilled or hot with the same garnishes.
- Minimally, the soup should be garnished with toasted almonds and marshmallows but served chilled, it goes particularly well with fresh berries and mint.
- Additionally, dusting the surface of the soup with cocoa and the bowl rim with cinnamon give the soup an elegant look and a particularly inviting aroma.
Mini Chocolate Biscotti
Toasted, Sliced Almonds
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More