Chicken with Farfalle & Mascarpone
If you’d like to try mascarpone cheese in a recipe other than a dessert, I’d recommend trying it in a sauce recipe like this one.
Submit your review
- 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 cups Raw, Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, cut in strips
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts, whole
- 1 bag (10 oz.) Baby Spinach
- 1 lb. Farfalle (Bow Tie) Pasta
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Buttered Bread Crumbs (optional)
- Cook farfalle in boiling salted water to al dente. Drain and reserve cooked pasta and 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Stir together the lemon juice, mascarpone and pepper and set aside.
- In a LARGE skillet over medium high heat, saute chicken strips in 1/2 of the olive oil until just cooked and lightly browned. Reserve & keep warm.
- In the same skillet now over medium heat, saute the pine nuts until lightly toasted then add the garlic and green onion and saute a moment longer.
- To that saute mixture, add back the chicken, the cooked pasta and the 1/2 cup of pasta water and then additionally add the sun-dried tomatoes and the uncooked spinach leaves. Cook this mixture over medium heat while gently stirring and folding the ingredients for 1 minute then add the mascarpone mixture while stirring.
- Bring the sauce within the mixture to a simmer and then season with salt and any additional pepper to taste.
- Portion for service topped with Parmesan Cheese and/or buttered bread crumbs.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More