Chicken and Mushroom Burgers
On a bun, this burger can be an awesome change from the usual beef burger, or with some Chicken Marsala sauce, can be an elegant entree. Better yet, make a large batch, individually portion, wrap and freezer and these delicious burgers can be a great treat anytime you’re in the mood.
Submit your review
- 2 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- 1⁄4 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onion, cut 1/2″ on bias
- 1 tsp. Garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Red Bell Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup Roma Tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1⁄4 cup Seasoned Dried Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- 1 each Extra Large Egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Sage, fresh, minced
- 1⁄8 tsp. Thyme, leaf, dry crushed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. Chicken, ground or finely chopped
- Saute both onions and garlic in butter until softened and lightly browned.
- Add red pepper and saute one minute.
- Add mushrooms and saute 2 to 3 minutes to soften.
- Remove from the heat and reserve saute mixture in a medium large bowl. Allow to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix to combine and form a meatloaf like mixture.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and fashion into an oval patty shape.
- In a medium size saute or fry pan, over medium high heat, add a small amount of oil and saute patties on both sides until browned and cooked throughout. The patty should be opaque white throughout and the internal temperature at least 170 degrees.
- Remove the patties from the pan and serve with Mushroom Marsalla Sauce.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More