Chicken and Eggplant Rollatini with Ricotta and Basil
This recipe is a version of Nino’s popular Eggplant Rollatini but instead of basil pesto pasta, this Rollatini is stuffed with chicken and ricotta cheese. If you prefer, you can substitute a dollop of basil pesto in place of the julienne basil. The choice is yours.
Submit your review
- 1 Eggplant, large
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Flour, Seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2 cups Salvaggio’s Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 lb. Meat from 1 Rotisserie Chicken, julienne
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Fresh Basil, fine julienne
- – Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Pint Nino’s Homemade Palomino Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated or shredded (for garnish)
- Peel eggplant and slice into 1/4″ thick slices.
- Flour each slice of eggplant on both sides.
- Beat together the eggs and milk and dip floured eggplant slices to coat.
- Dredge in Italian bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a shallow fry pan until medium hot and pan fry eggplant slices on both sides until golden. Allow slices to cool to room temperature.
- Lay out breaded eggplant slice with narrow end toward you.
- Place approximately 1/4 cup of julienne chicken meat, 2 Tbsp. of ricotta cheese, 1 Tbsp. of Parmesan cheese, and 1 tsp. of finely julienned fresh basil at the end of the slice. Season with salt & pepper and roll up into a tube. The tube will be approximately 1 1/2″ in diameter.
- Continue for the remaining eggplant slices. You should expect to have approximately 8.
- Place all Rollatinis in an oven proof baking dish and re-heat in a 350 F oven approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- While Rollatinis are baking, heat Palomino Sauce.
- Serve 2 Rollatinis per serving topped with sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More