Chicken a la King
Wow, does this dish have history! Firmly grounded in restaurants of yesteryear and Sunday night dinner tables of today, Chicken and Turkey a la King recipes were in nearly everyone’s recipe box in the 50’s. Although those days seem to be gone, this recipe, when made well, is still a favorite today. Quality produce and a slash of sweet sherry make or break this recipe…thankfully, you shop at Nino’s!
CLICK TO EXPLORE OUR FULL LIBRARY OF RECIPES
Submit your review
- 1⁄4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless, cut in 1″ pieces
- – Kosher Salt, as needed
- – Ground Black Peppercorn, as needed
- 2 cup Button Mushrooms, quartered
- 1 each Green Bell Pepper, fresh, medium, cut in 1″ pieces
- 2 cups Spanish Onion, peeled, cut in 1″ pieces
- 1 each Red Bell Pepper, fresh, medium, cut in 1″ pieces
- 1 each Yellow Bell Pepper, fresh, medium, cut in 1″ pieces
- 2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. Thyme, dry
- 1⁄2 tsp. Spanish Paprika, ground
- 1⁄4 cup Sherry
- 1 Qt. Nino’s Chicken Gravy
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. Black Peppercorn, ground
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides as needed.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan and sear the chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown in color. Once brown remove from the pan and place onto a sheet tray with parchment paper and bake in the oven at 375 degrees until cooked through (approximately 15 minutes).
- In the same pan you seared the chicken, add mushrooms and saute until golden on high heat. Add onion and saute briefly until slightly soft.
- Add peppers and saute for an additional 45 seconds. Add garlic, thyme and paprika and continue to cook another 45 seconds. Add the sherry and cook for 10 more seconds.
- Add the gravy and bring to a low simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
- When chicken is cool, cut into 1″ x 1″ cubes and add to the mixture in the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with noodles or rice.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More