Caramel Cherry Pistachio Cookies
This recipe is almost like a classic Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookie recipe, except the garnishments are white chocolate chips, sun-dried cherries, caramel pieces (cut from wrapped caramels), and of course, pistachios. I personally think caramel, sun-dried cherries and pistachios are natural partners.
Submit your review
- 3/4 Cup Salted butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Extra-large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup White chocolate chips
- 1/3 Cup Caramels, cut into 1/4 “ x 1/4” pieces
- 3/4 Cup Sun-dried cherries
- ½ Cup Shelled pistachios
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter for about 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar, and mix on medium-high speed until fluffy and light in color.
- Beat in egg and vanilla on high speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together until combined. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick.
- Add the white chocolate chips, sun-dried cherries, caramel pieces, and pistachios.
- Mix on low for about 5 to 10 seconds until evenly disbursed.
- Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Line baking pans with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Knead the stiff dough for one minute and then scoop and roll balls of dough, about 1 Tablespoon of dough each, into balls.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. They will look extremely soft when you remove them from the oven.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. If the cookies are too puffy, try gently pressing down on them with the back of a fork.
Makes about 24 – 2″ cookies
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More