Broiled Indian Brook Trout Spinach Salad with Bacon & Balsamic Dressing
Submit your review
- 6 Strips Nino’s Butcher Shop Maple Bacon
- ¼ Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Red Onion, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Toasted, Sliced Almonds
- ½ of 10 oz Bag Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Colorful Matchstick Vegetables of Choice
- 1 – 10 oz Indian Brook Trout
- 2 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- Cut bacon into ½” pieces then, in a small saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Reserve bacon for later garnishment and strain the resulting bacon grease into a small mixing bowl.
- To the bacon grease add the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, red onion and whisk together. Season with salt & pepper.
- Spray a non-stick baking sheet with non-stick vegetable spray and place the Indian Brook Trout fillets on the pan skin side down.
- Paint trout flesh (which is now facing up) with 2 TBSP of vegetable oil and season with salt & pepper.
- Preheat your broiler with an oven rack positioned approximately 6” away from the heat source then place your seasoned trout under the broiler. Close the oven door leaving an inch or two open.
- The trout will take approximately 8 to 10 minutes to cook through. When done, the flesh will be firm, opaque and flake easily with a fork.
- When trout is cooked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool a few moments.
- While trout is cooling, in a medium size mixing bowl, place the spinach leaves, colorful matchstick vegetables, bacon, and the toasted almonds.
- Add whatever amount of the prepared balsamic dressing you choose to toss and coat the greens and vegetables well, then divide the dressed salad between 2 salad plates.
- Cut the trout fillets in half width-wise and place 2 pieces of the cooked trout on top of each salad.
- If you have any additional dressing or reserved garnish you can brush or place it on top of the trout.
- NOTE: This dish is improved by offering some freshly cracked black pepper after plating.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More