Brick Pressed Chicken
There’s not much to the recipe and whether you choose to season your chicken with herbs or just use salt and pepper, the genius is in the technique’s simplicity.
Submit your review
- 2 Boneless, Skin-On Chicken Breasts
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Any Herbs you might like, to your taste
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Bricks (SOLID)
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour the lemon juice over the chicken and spread it with your hands to coat the entire breasts on both sides.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and pound flat with a meat pounder between 2 pieces of plastic film. This is so that it lies flat when pressed with a brick.
- Heat a large heavy skillet AND two clean bricks over medium high heat until VERY HOT. You can also place the bricks in a 400 degree F oven for 1 hour. Be sure to use a hot mitt to place them on the chicken.
- Paint the chicken on both sides with olive oil once again and place the chicken in the skillet side by side, skin side down then place the bricks on top, 1 brick on each of the 2 breasts.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bricks, turn the chicken over and replace the bricks. Repeat the turning process every 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes total or until the juices run clear when the breast is pierced. Your chicken breasts will be crisp and golden on the outside and juicy on the inside.
If you aren’t keen about using the solid bricks you get from your local home improvement store, you can either run them through the dishwasher and bake them in a 400 degree F oven to dry and sanitize them or you can wrap them in foil before using. If you don’t want to use bricks at all, you can substitute a very heavy iron skillet or a large pan filled with water. (Having said that, “brick pressed” chicken has a nicer “ring” to it don’t you think??)
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More