Basically a big omelet, the Frittata is a Mexican breakfast favorite. Topped with Salsa and served with a big helping of fried potatoes, this dish is truly a hearty breakfast!
Submit your review
- 6 oz. Cooked Breakfast Sausage Links, 1/4″ disks
- 6 oz. Krakus Ham, diced 1/4″
- 8 oz. Raw Bacon, 1/2″ pieces
- 1 cup Green Bell Peppers, diced 1/4″
- 1 cup Vidalia or Sweet Onion, diced 1/4″
- 1 cup Idaho Potato, cooked, 1/2″ diced
- 1⁄2 cup Green Onion, sliced thin on the bias
- 1 3⁄4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 12 each Extra Large Eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Half & Half
- – Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 17 1⁄2 oz. Hero Roschti Potatoes (optional)
- Dice bacon, cook until crisp in a medium saute pan. Remove bacon from grease and reserve. Use bacon grease to saute onion and green pepper. Drain and reserve.
- Toss together cooked sausage, ham, cooked bacon, onion, peppers, green onion and cooked, diced potatoes. Chill.
- Beat together eggs and Half & Half and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If using Roschti Potatoes, open package and spread out evenly over the bottom surface of a 12 inch, non-stick fry pan. (No need to add oil, butter or cooking fat.) Cook over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until a brown crust forms around the edges.
- Turn the potatoes over in the pan by placing a plate over the pan and inverting the pan and potatoes together, then sliding the potatoes back into the frying pan once again. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from the heat and spread the garnish of cooked sausage, ham, cooked bacon, onion, green onion and cooked potato evenly over the surface of the potato “pancake” in the frying pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over the garnish to cover and place the pan in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until egg is nearly cooked. (Check OFTEN.) When the egg is nearly cooked, spread shredded cheese evenly over the surface of the nearly firm eggs and return to the oven until the cheese is melted and the eggs are fully firm.
- Remove the Frittata from the oven. The dish can be cut into wedges (like a pizza) right out of the pan, or inverted (with potato side up) onto a platter and cut, again, into wedges like a pizza.
Makes 1 – 12″ Breakfast Frittata.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More