Boneless Stuffed Trout with Roasted Vegetables, Spinach and Caramelized Onion
Nino’s Seafood Department has some fabulous 8- to 10-ounce boneless trout, which are perfect for stuffing and make a right-sized meal for two. What I like about this recipe is that you don’t have to buy a ton of ingredients.
Submit your review
- 1 – 8 to 10 oz. Ruby Red or Rainbow Trout
- ½ Medium-Size Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 2 tsp. Fresh Garlic, Chopped
- 2 TBSP. Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup Nino’s Seasonal Roasted Vegetables (Chopped Fine)
- 3 Cups Baby Spinach Leaves (Fresh)
- ½ Cup Nino’s Spinach Dip
- As Needed All-Purpose Flour (About ½ Cup)
- As Needed Vegetable Oil (About ¼ Cup)
- In a small skillet on medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in 2 TBSP vegetable oil until onions begin to soften and turn a nice caramelized brown. Be careful not to burn.
- Add the spinach, turn off heat, stir to wilt spinach in the sauté mixture for 1 minute, and then drain off all excess fat and juices. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Season the cooled sauté mixture with salt and pepper, and stir in the spinach dip and chopped, roasted vegetables.
- Fill cavity of trout fillet with mixture, flour the entire stuffed trout and pan sear in the vegetable oil on medium-high heat approximately 5 minutes on both sides (or until medium brown).
- Test for doneness by flaking the fish flesh to ensure it’s firm and by making sure it has turned an opaque color. Additionally, you can finish the stuffed trout at 375 F for 10 minutes to be certain the filling is indeed heated through.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More