Bok Choy & Hokkien Noodle Stir Fry
The term “bok choy”actually refers to many different varieties of Chinese Cabbage, some of which have slender green stalks instead of the more commonly found white-stalked vegetable. While Bok Choy is now grown in the United States and Canada, its use is most often associated with Asian and Pacific Rim Cuisine. Although this versatile vegetable can be used raw in salads (the stalks add a celery-like crunch and the leaves a leafy cabbage taste). Bok Coy is commonly used in soups (by cutting the young leaves into ribbons and add them to the broth, or whole (by steaming small heads and enjoying them sprinkled with a little soy sauce), or as a filling for spring rolls or dumplings. But perhaps its most popular use is as a stir-fry, with a bit of garlic or other vegetables or meats. Enjoy this delicious Bok Choy stir-fry recipe on its own or with roasted meats.
Submit your review
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion, sliced fine
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms, sliced fine
- 1/2 cup Carrots, cut matchstick
- 1 head Bok Choy, sliced 1/4″ on bias
- 1/2 cup Snow Peas, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 Red Pepper, cut matchstick
- 1 pkg. Hokkien Noodles (Kame Brand), 14.2 oz.
- 1/2 cup General Tso Sauce (Iron Chef Brand)
- 2 Tbsp. Oyster Sauce (Lee Kum Kee brand)
- In a sauté pan on medium heat add the sesame oil, garlic and green onions and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté one to two minutes.
- Add the noodles and turn heat down on low and cook for one minute while stirring to re-heat the noodles through.
- Add the General Tso and Oyster sauces and toss in with the noodles and vegetables.
- Season with salt as desired and serve.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More