Blackened Yellowfin Tuna with Fresh Pineapple Salad
I can still remember the day I spent creating the Cajun Blackening Spice formula we now sell at Nino’s. Batch after batch of blending spices, tasting, more blending, more tasting…until I got JUST the right amount of heat, herbaciousness and crust from the blend of herbs, spices and sugars. And MAN did I pay for it !!!…my hands burned for what seemed like days, not to mention my tongue…ouch.
This recipe is a wonderful contrast of savory heat and cool, refreshing sweetness all paired beautifully together.
Submit your review
- 4 8 oz Fillets Yellowfin Tuna, skinned
- 1⁄2 cup Salvaggio’s Cajun Blackening Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup Butter, melted
- 4 each Red Bell Peppers, dry roasted, peeled and seeded and cut into 1/4″ strips
- 1 each Pineapple, peeled, cored & sliced in 1/2″ rings
- 1⁄2 cup Red Onions, diced 3/8″
- 1⁄4 cup Cilantro, Fresh Leaves, chopped
- 1 small Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 each Limes, juiced
- 1 tsp. Garlic, Fresh, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- – Salt & Pepper, to taste
- – Non-Stick Vegetable Spray, as needed
- Spray each side of the fresh pineapple rings with vegetable spray and char-grill or pan sear them on high until medium brown in color. Chill and cut each ring into 1/2″ size chunks and chill.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, toss together pineapple, red bell pepper, onions, cilantro, jalapeno pepper. lime juice, garlic, sesame oil, honey, salt and pepper. Chill.
- Melt butter and paint each side of the yellowfin tuna fillets, then season each side LIBERALLY with the Cajun Seasoning.
- In a DRY cast iron or heavy bottom skillet over high heat, place the tuna fillets in the pan and leave, untouched, for 3 to 5 minutes or until each side is WELL blackened. (Length of time will depend on preferred doneness). CAUTION: Be sure you do this in a WELL VENTILATED area. The resulting smoke can be choking…
- Serve the finished, blackened fillets with the Pineapple & Roasted Pepper Salsa and enjoy.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More