Basic Tomato Sauce
Looking for a tried and true, mainstream tomato sauce to call your own? Here it is! Of course, you can experiment with additional herbs, wine or a number of other possibilities to adjust it to your own personal tastes. This sauce may be refrigerated up to 1 week or frozen up to 6 months.
- 1 each Spanish Onion, cut into 1/4″ diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Fresh, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Thyme Leaves, Fresh
- 1⁄4 medium Carrot, finely shredded
- 2 28 oz Cans Tomatoes, Canned, crushed and mixed well with their juices
- – Salt, Kosher
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until translucent, but not brown (about 10 minutes).
- Add the thyme and carrot and cook 5 minutes mores.
- Add the tomatoes. Bring to a boil; lover the heat to just bubbling, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Makes approximately 6 cups.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More