Basic Baked Brie
Here is a Basic Baked Brie recipe that your guests will love. There are many different fruit spreads that can be used but fig is my favorite and many different types of pastry crusts (pie dough, biscuit dough, Brioche dough or again, my favorite, Puff Pastry Dough). Experimentation is the secret to finding what you like best.
Submit your review
- 1 kilo Wheel of Ripe Brie Cheese
- 6 oz. Dalamatia Fig Spread
- 1⁄2 cup Toasted Pecans, Walnuts or sliced Almonds
- 2 ea Pastry Dough, 9”
- 1 Egg
- 1⁄4 cup Milk
- Choose pastry dough of choice and roll out on a floured surface until you have a round approximately 1/4″ thick for Brioche or Biscuit Dough and 1/8″ thick for Pie dough or Puff Pastry Dough. The dough needs to be rolled at least 2″ larger than the size of your Brie wheel. Place the dough on a cookie sheet.
- Spread the Fig Spread over the surface of the center of the dough ONLY to the size of your actual Brie. You should have about 2″ of dough left around the perimeter with no spread.
- Top the fig spread with the toasted nuts.
- Place the Brie round on top of the nuts and spread. Leave the rind on the Brie.
- Beat together the egg and milk and brush over the side and top of the Brie.
- Gently fold the exposed, additional dough against the side of the Brie. There should be enough additional dough that a 1/2 inch or so also folds over on top of the Brie itself.
- Cut the 2nd diameter of crust to match the diameter of the exposed top of the Brie wheel (now with pastry on its bottom and side).
- Paint whatever dough has been folded over on top of the Brie with some of the egg wash and carefully cover the Brie with the second crust sealing it on the edge.
- Turn the entire pastry wrapped Brie over and place once again on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Paint the surface with the remaining egg wash. You can decorate the surface with any additional dough pieces you may have using the egg wash as “glue”.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Before placing the Baked Brie into the oven, make 2 or 3 small incisions on the top of the dough for steam to escape.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until pastry is fully baked and golden
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool 20 to 30 minutes before cutting to allow cheese to set up, especially if it is triple cream Brie.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More