Balsamic Grilled Asparagus Spears
A member of the lily family, asparagus comes from the Greek word asparagos, which first appears in English print around 1000 A.D. It cannot be definitively tracked to any one specific area of origin, although it is known to be native to the eastern Mediterranean and Asia Minor areas. Asparagus is most often eaten cooked, usually boiled or steamed, but it can also be cooked in the microwave or added to stir-fry dishes. Asparagus is delicious with lemon and butter, tossed with Parmesan cheese or a creamy pasta, or marinated and served cold or warm as a salad. It goes particularly well with ham and chicken, but serve it with any meat or poultry. Try this delicious grilled asparagus recipe with grilled or roasted meats.
Submit your review
- 2 lbs. Fresh Asparagus Spears
- 2 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Vidalia Onion, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Garlic, minced
- 2 – 3 drops Liquid Smoke Seasoning
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper, coarse grind
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- Mix together all ingredients except asparagus in a large bowl.
- Next, trim bottom 2 to 3 inches off the bottom of asparagus spears and place in the marinate mixture and allow to rest for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium and grill asparagus 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear on the spears and they are slightly charred on each side.
- Serve with your favorite grilled or barbecue meats as a delicious side dish.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More