Bailey’s White Chocolate Mousse
I even won a regional competition held in Detroit when I was at Opus One with this recipe for Bailey’s White Chocolate Mousse.
Submit your review
- 8 oz. White Chocolate, chopped 1/2″
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Irish Cream Liquor (Bailey’s)
- 1 pkg. Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract, Pure
- 1 1/2 cups Whipping Cream
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 pinch Salt
- Mix milk with Bailey’s liquor.
- Place chocolate in a medium size mixing bowl and pour 1/2 of the milk mixture over the chocolate.
- Place chocolate and milk mixture over a double boiler pot and melt together while stirring. When warm and melted together, remove from the water bath and set aside.
- Add gelatin to other 1/2 of the milk mixture and stir in. Set aside for 2 to 3 minutes then place in a microwave oven and heat until mixture is very warm (not boiling) and the gelatin has dissolved in the mixture.
- Remove hot milk mixture from the microwave oven and pour into the chocolate mixture, stirring well to incorporate.
- Set aside this chocolate mixture and allow to come to nearly room temperature. The mixture should remain liquid and slightly warm. Add the vanilla at this time.
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff but not dry then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff but not dry and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Portion finished mousse into cups or use as a cake filling.
Any liquor can be used in this recipe or you can use all milk for a straight White Chocolate Mousse dessert.
Yields: 4 cups
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More