Asian Chicken Cakes with Cilantro Aioli
Think Crab Cake, but instead, you’ll taste an Asian inspired chicken cake that’s out of this world! The crust of panko crumbs and sesame seeds is particularly inviting.
Submit your review
- 1 Lb Meat from 1 Rotisserie Chicken, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Green Onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Red Bell Pepper, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Water Chestnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1⁄4 cup Teriyaki Glaze, Kikkoman
- 1 each Egg
- 1⁄2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Combine all filling ingredients and mix well.
- Carefully spoon mixture from the mixing bowl onto a flat working surface and shape into cakes approximately 2 1/2″ in diameter and 1″ tall. Place finished cakes on a plastic film and refrigerate or hard chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- To finish the cakes, beat together the eggs and milk in a shallow dish and then place the flour and panko crumbs (mixed together with the sesame seeds) in their own shallow dishes. Bread cakes by dipping the top and bottom side of each cake (only) with the following in this sequence: flour, egg mixture and then into the panko/sesame crumb mixture.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F then heat a medium size non-stick fry pan on medium high heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, pan fry cakes on both sides until golden brown and remove to a small cookie sheet.
- Place the cakes in the oven and bake approximately 15 minutes or until they are thoroughly heated through.
- Serve with a drizzle of Teriyaki Glaze.
Makes about 6 – 2 1/2″ diameter cakes.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More