Apple Filling for Crepes
A simple yet wonderful apple filling that you can also use as a pancake topping , over toast or (warmed) over vanilla ice cream. For additional apple choices for this dish, check out Nino’s Apple Guide, available in our recipes & more section of our Website.
Submit your review
- 2 each Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cored, sliced 1/4″ thick
- 1 TBSP Butter, Unsalted
- 1⁄4 TBSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 Tbsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Triple Sec (Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- 1⁄4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Currants or Raisins
- In a saute pan heat apples & butter until caramelized.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg & brown sugar, simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Make Crepes batter as directed in recipe or use an already made crepe product such as “The Team Crepe” brand sold at Nino’s.
- For each serving, add 1 tablespoon butter to saute pan on medium heat and melt.
- Place 1 plain crepe in saute pan. Re-heat thoroughly in the butter and flip over.
- Add triple sec, heavy cream & dried currants to the pan and bring the resulting sauce to a simmer while basting the crepe with the sauce.
- Turn off heat. Add 1/2 of prepared apple filling to center of the crepe and fold the adjacent 4 sides toward the center of the crepe to cover the filling.
- Lift stuffed crepe from pan onto a serving plate and top with any additional sauce remaining in the pan.
- NOTE: Crepes may be stuffed in other manners including rolling into a tube or folding in quarters.
Variations: filling can be made with any fruit and topped with a variety of toasted nuts or powdered sugar.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More