Apple Cobbler Muffins
Cobblers are wonderful foods typically associated to the United Kingdom and the United States. It’s a dessert consisting of a fruit (or less commonly savory) filling poured into a large baking dish and covered with a batter, biscuit, or dumpling (in the United Kingdom) before being baked. Some cobbler recipes, especially in the American South, resemble a thick-crusted, deep-dish pie with both a top and bottom crust.
Here’s a new twist on them. These amazing Apple Cobbler Muffins start innocently enough from a commercial Buttermilk Biscuit and turn into something truly special. Create your own version by adding or subtracting ingredients that you enjoy.
CLICK HERE to learn more about cobblers.
CLICK HERE to view our full library of recipes.
Submit your review
- 1⁄2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Ricotta, traditional
- 1 each Extra Large Egg
- 1⁄4 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 cup Almonds, sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- 2 cups Granny Smith Apples, diced 1/2″
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1⁄4 cup Raisins
- 1 tube Large Buttermilk Biscuits (8 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together sugar, ricotta, egg and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together sliced almonds and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a saute pan, heat butter and saute apples over medium high heat until golden brown. Set aside.
- Open a package of large biscuits and press individual biscuit portions into a large muffin impression to cover the bottom and 3/4 up the side.
- Place 4 to 5 pieces of apple in the bottom of each biscuit lining. Sprinkle 2 tsp. of raisins over the apple pieces then portion approximately 2 tbsp. of ricotta cheese mixture over both, filling to the upper edge of the biscuit crust.
- Sprinkle approximately 1 full tbsp. of almond cinnamon mixture over the muffin filling surface and place in the oven.
- Bake approximately 20 to 25 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove from the oven and cool 15 minutes. Serve you apple cobbler muffins!
Be sure to check out our blog article on pies, crisps and cobblers, HERE.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More