3 Cheese Ricotta Torte with Basil and Roma Tomato
This recipe shows off another great way to use Nino’s fabulous Artisan Pizza Dough while highlighting a few items from our Cheese Department.
Submit your review
- 1 pkg. Nino Fresh Artisan Pizza Dough
- 1 1⁄2 cup Fresh Ricotta Cheese, well drained
- 1⁄2 cups Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced 1/4″
- 1⁄2 cup Fresh Basil Leaves, torn
- 1 Extra Large Egg
- 1 Extra Large Egg Yolk
- – Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- – Fine Corn Meal, as needed
- – Dry, Crushed Oregano, To Taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F to 450F. Divide pizza dough in half, then roll out 1 piece of the dough into a round shape approximately 12″ in diameter… (like a pizza). Lightly sprinkle approximately 1/4 cup of fine cornmeal on a non-stick cookie sheet and place the dough on the pan, reshaping to the round 12″ diameter shape. In a medium size mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, then fold in the 3 cheeses and the torn basil pieces. Season the mixture with salt and pepper then turn out onto the center of the dough round. Carefully spread the mixture within 1″ of the edge only. Arrange tomato slices over the top of the cheese as if they were pepperoni slices. Slightly sprinkle with crushed oregano and bake at 400 to 450 F approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese filling has firmed and is lightly colored. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes and cut into wedges and serve. Note: Remaining pizza dough can be wrapped and frozen for later use. To reuse, just thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then allow to rest (covered) at room temperature for 1 hour.
Write A Review
Submit your review
Premium quality and great value
available only from Nino’s.
The International Marketplace
We work hard to maintain our vast selection of European meats and cheeses, Middle Eastern spices, oriental vegetables, kosher delicacies, halal recipes, Italian favorites and many other products our neighborhoods cherish.Read More