Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Potato Gnocchi "Pasta Salad" with Mushrooms, Asparagus, Colorful Peppers & Basil Pesto
This recipe was demonstrated by Chef Pete on Fox 2 News as a suggestion for a Fourth of July party.
Write a review
- 1 1/4 lbs. Potato Gnocchi (DeLallo brand or other)
- Salt Water, as needed
- 1/2 bunch Asparagus, cut in 1 1/2" pieces
- 12 oz. Mushrooms, medium large white, quartered
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, cut 1/4" x 1"
- 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper, cut 1/4" x 1"
- 1/4 Red Onion, cut 1/4" x 2"
- 1/4 cup Roasted Garlic Cloves, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Basil Pesto (Nino's Homemade or Cibo brand)
- 1 cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Cook packaged potato gnocchi in boiling water approximately 3 to 5 minutes or until it floats. Rinse in cold water to cool then drain.
- Separately, saute asparagus, peppers, onion and mushrooms in olive oil. Chill and toss with gnocchi, roasted garlic, basil and basil pesto.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and chill.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese before serving.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/