Of the two certain things in life, one is nearing its annual day of reckoning…
April 15th is a calendar date most of us have had emblazoned in our collective consciousness since we first received a paycheck. Taxes are nearly everywhere.
For those receiving a refund, I have a congratulation (of sorts). For those yet to embark on the daunting task, already expecting to be pulling out their checkbooks on April 14th., I’m sorry. But take solace in the fact that you’re in good company. After all, even Albert Einstein said (on filing for his own tax returns), “This is too difficult for a mathematician. It takes a philosopher.”
Thankfully, not everything is taxed (many foods for one), and although Nino’s can’t take credit for that, we’d like to share with you a number of our favorite dinner suggestions that aren’t “taxing” on either your time or your wallet.
Here are several:
Nothing could be less taxing than having someone else do the cooking for you. For one, you can relax. For another, there are few, if any, pots and pans to clean or leftover ingredients to reseal, refreeze or use up. Best of all, you can try new dishes that you might not have a recipe for at home or know how to prepare.
With that said, from our Gourmet to Go Department, I’ll suggest these great items:
- Nino’s Take & Bake Pizzas: Our Family Size pizza is only $7.99. Pop it in the oven, and in 20 or so minutes, you can feed 3 or 4 people for around $2.50 per person. No fuss, no muss.
- A steal at only $5.99 each, Nino’s delicious Rotisserie Chickens are not only hot and ready to eat, but you can also use any leftovers for sandwiches or salads.
- And check out Nino’s Chicken Pot Pies, our Homemade Family Size Lasagnas and Fresh Made Soups. All are fully prepared and ready to reheat and enjoy!
Stop by our Produce Department and choose one of our many delicious and healthy Entrée Salads.
- Get your choice for only $3.99 or $7.99. All you’ll need are forks, and you’re all set to enjoy a delicious meal.
From our Grocery Aisles, we have a number of “non-taxables.” Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Near East brand Cous Cous and Rice products are not only delicious, but they generally only require a pat of butter (or oil) and water, and in only 5 minutes, you’ll have a delicious side dish!
- Want to relive those college days–those early years out on your own, or just want to know what in the heck they’re talking about in those Allstate Insurance commercials? Maruchan® brand Ramen Noodle Soup mixes HAVE to be some of the easiest and cheapest meals going (How does 29 cents sound?).
- If you’re ready to make a small investment of time, a stir-fry is an easy and inexpensive way to use up just about any leftovers in your fridge (or you can buy a few veggies and some meat). I love Soy Vay brand Teriyaki Sauce and the brand’s other flavored Asian-inspired sauces. Just add a splash to finish your sauté/stir-fry, and you’re all set. For a side? The Near East® rices are fast and a perfect choice.
And last but not least, Nino’s Deli Department makes its contribution to our “un-taxing” list.
- If there’s one thing easier than making a sandwich, it’s ordering your lunch meat and cheeses online or at one of our store’s Deli 1-2-3 Kiosks. In just a few moments, you can create your order, push a button, and then leisurely shop while your deli order is prepared. No tickets or number watching, no shouting, and no waiting in line. Really!
- Now, you can order ANOTHER un-taxing meal right through our Deli 1-2-3 Kiosk: Mon Jin Lau SUSHI!!
So, as April 15th approaches (and even after it’s long gone), it doesn’t take an Einstein to know that Nino’s always has lots of ideas to keep your life as simple, easy and “un-taxing” as possible. We think Einsten would have loved his Nino’s too.
Share with me in the comments below your favorite meal ideas that aren’t “taxing”!