Hungry? Ready to try one of the BEST Caesar salads you’ve ever had? I’m here to help.
Thankfully, you don’t need an old-fashioned wooden bowl and fork to mash and mix your ingredients into a smooth dressing; a food processor will work just fine (and spare your wrist).
Here are a couple of tips/options:
- If you’re concerned about using raw eggs in your dressing, Nino’s sells pasteurized whole eggs, right in their shells. No worries, no health concerns.
- Adding grated Parmesan cheese to this dressing is optional; likewise, there are those who add a pinch of sugar to soften the acidity of the lemon juice.
- Don’t go cheap on the olive oil. Use something of good quality and something FRESH. It makes a HUGE difference.
- Croutons? Nino’s has a number of flavors of large croutons just perfect for your salad–and of course fabulous romaine!
- Once you’ve made your dressing, it is tradition to toss the dressing, Romaine AND croutons together. Plate, and then garnish with pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Classic Caesar Dressing
(Makes 2 Cups)
2 Medium Garlic Cloves, Chopped
4 ea Anchovy Fillets, Chopped
2 ea Eggs, Extra Large (raw)
2 TBSP Pomeroy or Dijon Mustard, Smooth, Hot
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 Dashes Tabasco® Sauce
3 TBSP Lemon Juice
1 Cup Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)
2 TBSP Parmesan Cheese, Grated (Optional)
To Taste Kosher Salt
1. In a small food processor, puree chopped garlic, anchovies, and then add eggs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and Tabasco. Blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Continue to blend while adding oil and lemon juice alternately in a slow, steady stream until all is used.
3. Stir in Parmesan cheese (optional) and salt to taste.