The “not so quiet” crunch you may have heard at Nino’s recently is the thousands of customers enjoying a sample of our NEW homemade corn tortilla chips. They’re full of toasty corn flavor, fried in ZERO Trans Fat oil, cholesterol free, dusted with sea salt, and obviously, quite crisp.
We’re sorry for the disturbance. It seems that once people try these chips, they buy them, take them home, and share them with others. And that leads to more devotees, more sampling, and, well, more noise.
After carefully studying the situation, we think we may have found a solution.
Sound analysis shows that even the crunchiest chips can be quieted when enjoyed with savory dips or in recipes specifically designed to remediate “nosh noise”–that distinctively crisp-crunch associated with superior corn tortilla chips.
So as a service to our devoted Nino’s customers, we’d like to share with you a few of these recipes that we’ve created for you to enjoy our delicious NEW chips in a whole NEW way.
We hope you enjoy them in relative peace and quiet.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Makes 1 Quart / 4 Servings
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- ½ Cup Sweet onion, chopped
- 1 Medium Jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 3 TBSP All-purpose flour
- 4 Cups Chicken broth (or stock)
- 1 Cup Half and half
- ½ Cup Nino’s Santa Fe Style Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1 Cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ Cup Cut corn
- 2 Cups Cooked chicken meat, diced
- 1 tsp Cumin, powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 2 TBSP Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 Cups Nino’s Homemade Tortilla Chips, broken
- To Taste Salt & pepper
- In a medium-sized saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and then sauté garlic, onion and jalapeno for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth and half and half, and bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Add all remaining ingredients (including tortilla chips) and bring to a simmer
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with additional tortilla chips as garnish, if desired.
Tortilla-Crusted Chicken Breasts With Salsa & Sour Cream
- 4 – 6 oz Chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 TBSP Cumin powder
- 1 TBSP Chili powder
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Black pepper, ground
- 2 Extra-large eggs
- ¼ Cup Water
- 2 Cups Nino’s Homemade Tortilla Chips, finely crushed
- As Needed Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 Cup Nino’s Santa Fe Style Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- ½ Cup Sour cream
- 2 TBSP Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- You will need 3 shallow bowls to bread the chicken.
- In the 1st shallow bowl, mix together flour, cumin, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- In the 2nd bowl, beat together eggs and water.
- Place the finely crushed tortilla chips in the 3rd bowl.
- To bread chicken, place each breast in the seasoned flour mixture, shake off excess, dip in beaten egg mixture, and then dredge in the crushed corn tortilla chips.
- Liberally spray a nonstick cookie sheet with vegetable spray and place each of the breaded chicken breasts on the sheet. Afterwards, spray the top surface with the vegetable spray as well.
- Place the tortilla-crusted chicken breasts in a preheated 400 F oven for approximately 15 minutes. Then turn over and cook approximately 12 to 15 minutes more or until each side of the chicken is golden brown and the meat is firm and cooked through to 165 F.
- Serve each chicken breast with approximately ¼ cup salsa, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of freshly chopped cilantro.
Tortilla Chip Casserole With Chicken & Enchilada Sauce
Makes one 2-quart casserole serving 6 people
- 1 Bag Nino’s Homemade Corn Tortilla Chips
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 Large Sweet onion, cut into ½” x 2” strips
- 2 Medium Bell peppers (1 green, 1 red) cut into ½” x 2” strips
- 4 Medium Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cooked and cut into small, ¼” thick pieces
- 2 – 8 oz Pkg. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 – 10 oz Cans Enchilada sauce (brand & heat level of choice)
- To Garnish Salsa / sour cream / guacamole
Additional Casserole Ingredients You Can Add:
- Canned black beans
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- In a medium nonstick sauté pan, over high heat, heat olive oil and then sauté onions and peppers until soft and lightly colored. Remove from pan and allow to cool to the touch.
- Break tortilla chips into 1-inch pieces and divide into 3 equal portions.
- Spray the inside surface of a 2-quart casserole dish with vegetable spray, and evenly sprinkle a third of the broken tortilla chips over the bottom of the dish.
- On top of the chips, sprinkle half of the sautéed onion and pepper mixture, half of the cooked chicken and a third of the shredded cheese.
- Before continuing to the next layer, evenly pour approximately ½ cup of the enchilada sauce over the ingredients.
- Begin a second layer by repeating the process, beginning with tortilla chips, onions and peppers, chicken and cheese, and then topping again with enchilada sauce.
- Finish casserole by topping with the last third of the broken tortilla chips, a half cup of the enchilada sauce and the last of the cheese.
- Place casserole in a pre-heated 350 F oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and the casserole is firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before portioning and serving.
- Each portion of casserole can be garnished with additional enchilada sauce, sour cream, salsa, or guacamole.
What is your favorite way to enjoy Nino’s new tortilla chips?