Get em’ while they’re hot! And for $7.99 ea., Nino’s ever popular Oven Roasted Chickens are indeed one of the “hottest” selling entrees in Nino’s Gourmet to Go Department.
Over the years, not ONLY have I boasted about their delicious taste and tremendous value, but I’ve also shared dozens of recipes you can make from them. From Stir-Fry dishes to Strudels, Soups, Salads and Savory Cakes, Nino’s Oven Roasted Chickens are a great all on their own or, as the main ingredient in so many savory dishes giving you even MORE “Cluck” for Your Buck!
In keeping with this tradition of money saving recipe ideas, I’ll share 1 more recipe for you to add to your Roasted Chicken Recipe Repertoire.
Gourmet looking & easy-peasy cooking. It’s THE best of BOTH worlds!
Chicken, Asparagus, Mushroom and Cheese Roll-Ups with Country Chicken Gravy
Makes 1 dozen Roll Ups or 4 to 6 Servings
1 Nino’s Oven Roasted Chicken, pulled meat
3 – 8 oz Pkgs Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (Total of 4 double wide croissant panels per package)
2 lb. Fresh Asparagus Spears, ends trimmed to 4” then cut in 2” lengths from tip
¾ lb. White Mushrooms, chopped
3 TBSP Butter
To Taste Salt & Pepper
12 Slices American or Cheddar Cheese Slices
1 Pint Nino’s Country Chicken Gravy
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
2. Pull meat from fully chilled Oven Roasted Chicken and cut chop or pull into 1/2” pieces. Reserve.
3. Trim asparagus into 2” pieces and then simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water, pat dry and reserve.
4. Sauté chopped mushrooms in butter 5 minutes or until softened. Season with salt and pepper, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
5. Open one package of crescent rolls and carefully unroll then separating into 4 rectangular shapes leaving 2 croissant triangles attached at their perforations rather than separating them.
6. Place 1 slice of cheese at the base of any of the 4 sides of the rectangle then place 1 or 2 sticks of asparagus, a quarter cups of the chopped chicken meat and 2 TBSP mushroom filling on top of each other.
7. Roll the dough forward being careful to not let the filling spill out of either end of the log shape as you roll. Then place the finished (stuffed) roll up, seam side down on a cookie sheet or baking pan.
8. Repeat for the remaining 11 roll ups then bake at 375 F for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Reheat Nino’s Country Chicken Gravy to a simmer and serve with the roll ups.
10. NOTE: I prefer to brush them with melted butter JUST as they emerge from the oven and while super-hot! YUM!