Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pete's Breakfast Sausage
If you're tired of all the "commercial" breakfast sausages in those tubes and patties, try my recipe for a truly delicious breakfast sausage your family will enjoy!
Write a review
- 2 lbs. Coarse Ground Pork (75% lean, 25% fat)
- 4 tsp. Fresh Sage, minced
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Fennel Seed, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cayenne
- 1 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup
- Place the WELL chilled ground pork on a cutting board.
- Sprinkle all the herbs and spices evenly over the surface of the pork (including the maple syrup).
- Using a sharp knife, scraper or pastry dough cutter, gently but thoroughly chop all the ingredients together until well mixed. Avoid stirring or kneading which will make the mixture less tender when made into patties.
- Refrigerate the pork mixture a minimum of 12 hours or overnight to allow the herbs and spices to flavor the meat well.
- For each patty, place a 1/4 cup mound of the meat mixture between two pieces of plastic film or waxed paper and gently press evenly into a round patty approximately 3/8" to 1/2" thick.
- Pan-fry patties on medium heat on both sides until lightly browned and cooked through.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/