Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pesto Chicken and Farfalle (Bow Tie Pasta) Salad with Vegetables
Write a review
- 2 cups Farfalle Pasta (Bow Tie)
- 8 cups Salted Water (to cook pasta)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 ea. Medium Sweet Onion
- 1 ea. Medium Red Bell Pepper, cut matchstick
- 12 spears Fresh Asparagus, cut in 1" bias pieces
- 8 ea. Mushrooms, Med/Lg. White, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups Pulled, cooked Meat from 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 3⁄4 cup Basil Pesto (Cibo Brand, DeLallo Brand or homemade)
- - Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 1⁄4 cup Toasted Pinenuts
- Cook Farfalle Pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, rinse in cold water until well chilled, drain once again then place in a medium large bowl and chill.
- In a medium saute pan, heat olive oil then saute onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms and asparagus approximately 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly softened and glazed but still crisp and al dente. Remove vegetables from the heat, spread out on a plate or platter and immediately chill.
- Toss the pasta with the sauteed vegetables, grape tomato halves, pulled chicken meat and basil pesto. Season additionally with salt & pepper and garnish with toasted pine nuts.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/