Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Often found hangin’ out with its pals jelly and chocolate, it’s a spread that American kids and adults have had a love affair with for well over a century. And when you come to love something THAT much, you’re on a first name basis and give it a nickname:
Native to this continent, peanuts have been an agricultural resource enjoyed by everyone from peasants to presidents.
They produce cosmetics, dyes, paints, plastics, gasoline, nitroglycerin, and yes, peanut butter. As a matter of fact, approximately half of the edible U.S. crop is used to make it.
Yet, there are times when simple is best, less is more, and things come around “full circle.”
Sometimes, history repeats itself.
So, to illustrate, I’ve distilled peanut butter’s history down to its historic timeline:
- 1890: A St. Louis physician developed the idea of packaging a peanut paste. It was sold for six cents per pound. It was all natural–just peanuts.
- 20th Century: “Commercial” peanut butter flourishes, often with added fats, sugars, stabilizers and preservatives.
- 2011: Nino’s introduces its homemade peanut butter. It’s all natural–just peanuts.
Yep, at Nino’s, we’ve got our own peanut butter thing goin’ on. And for Nino’s customers who love the taste of freshly ground peanuts, the word is out. It’s on everybody’s lips (and probably the roofs of all their mouths).
Of course, peanuts are not the only nuts that can be made into “butter.” We also have almond butter.
At Nino’s, you can choose from:
- Nino’s Natural Peanut Butter
- Nino’s Organic Homemade Peanut Butter
- Nino’s Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
- Nino’s Almond Butter
We also realize that not every package of Nino’s delicious peanut butter is destined for PB&J glory. Many people enjoy our peanut butter in dozens of other recipes, and we thought we’d share a few with you:
- Thai Peanut Curry Sauce
- Peanut Pretzel Pops
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Peanut Butter & Cream Cheese Mousse
What is your favorite way to enjoy peanut butter?