Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Another one of Nino's terrific recipes created for our homemade, freshly ground peanut butter. You'll love these pancakes which are made even more delectable by the addition of chocolate chips. Another addition can be toasted whole peanuts.
Write a review
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 ea. Extra Large Egg
- 1 1⁄4 cup Milk
- 1⁄3 cup Nino's Peanut Butter
- - Non-Stick Vegetable Spray
- 1⁄4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend the egg, milk, and peanut butter together until smooth.
- Combine the dry and wet mixtures. To keep the pancakes tender, don't over mix. A few small lumps are OK.
- Pre-heat a non-stick fry pan or griddle to medium high heat and spray lightly just before depositing pancake batter onto pan.
- Spoon approximately 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the pan.
- As soon as the batter stops spreading and while it is still liquid, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of semi-sweet chocolate chips over the pancakes.
- When the pancake has lightly browned around the edge (less than 60 seconds), turn over and brown on opposite side.
- Serve warm with honey, maple syrup or dust/spread with melted butter and powdered sugar.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/