Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pasta Fagioli Soup
Pasta Fagiolo (pronounced Pasta "Fazool") may be a bit hard to pronouce but it's easy to make and delicious. Basically a bean and vegetable soup with Escarole added for an interesting flavor and texture, this classic Italian soup has something in it for everyone.
Write a review
- 2 15 Ounce-Cans Garbanzo Beans (chick peas)
- 1 15 Ounce-Can White Kidney Beans
- 1 19 Ounce-Can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 15 Ounce-Can Pinto Beans
- 1 28 Ounce-Can Tomatoes, Diced
- 5 Each Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp Rosemary, Fresh, minced
- 1 Head Escarole Lettuce, chopped
- 1 TBSP Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 Each Vidalia Onion, Large, chopped fine
- 3 Each Carrots, diced fine
- 1⁄2 Each Jalapeno Chili, Fresh, minced
- 1 Each Ditalini Pasta, Uncooked (16 ounce package)
- 1 Quart Vegetable Stock (Kitchen Basics Brand)
- 12 Ounces Chicken Stock (Kitchen Basics Brand)
- Pour all the canned beans (WITH JUICE) in a stock or sauce pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the beans (WITH NO JUICE).
- Add vegetable stock and chicken stock. Stir.
- Add garlic, onion, rosemary, carrots, crushed red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
- Bring above mixture to a simmer, then add the uncooked ditalini pasta. Continue to simmer until the pasta is cooked.
- Add chopped escarole and before serving adjust seasonings. Serve.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/