Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pan Seared Mackerel Fillets with Neuvo Gremolata
Mackerel, a relative of the Tuna, is a darker flesh fish, with an oil content which makes it an excellent choice for roasting and grilling or pan-frying.
Write a review
- 1 each Mackerel Fillets and pin-boned at Nino's
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. Black Pepper, freshly ground
- - For Neuvo Gremolata & Topping
- 1 each Lemon, peel only, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh, Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Sun-Dried Tomato (oil packed), chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Salvaggio's Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- Prepare Gremolata base first, by combining the minced lemon peel with the garlic, parsley and sun-dried tomato.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and 2 Tbsp. olive oil to make a sort of dressing.
- In a small non-stick saute pan over medium heat, melt butter then add the Italian bread crumbs. Saute until the bread crumbs are lightly toasted. Cool and reserve.
- Heat a medium size, non-stick saute pan on medium high heat.
- Brush Mackerel fillets with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and then season with salt and pepper.
- Pan sear the mackerel fillets, starting skin side down, for approximately 3 minutes then turn over and cook once again for approximately 3 minutes. The fish flesh should be firm and opaque.
- Remove cooked fillets to a serving plate and top each with a generous teaspoon of the Gremolata dressing mixture then sprinkle a generous 1 to 2 tablespoons of the toasted Italian bread crumbs over that.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/