Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Pan Roasted Halibut with Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
Write a review
- 1 – 8 oz Halibut Fillet
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- To Taste Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- 1 tsp Shallot, Minced
- 1 tsp Red Bell Pepper, Minced
- ½ tsp Fresh Garlic, Minced
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Heat an oven proof skillet or fry pan on the range top on medium high heat.
- Spray the pan with vegetable oil then paint the flesh side of the halibut fillet with 1 TBSP olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper the place that side down onto the hot pan and sear for 2 to 3 minutes or until you get a nice golden color.
- Carefully turn the halibut over and place the entire fish and pan in the oven and roast for approximately 12 to 15 minutes or until the fish lightly flakes and is fully opaque.
- While the fish is in the oven, prepare the vinaigrette. (You can also do this ahead of time).
- To prepare the vinaigrette simply stir all of the ingredients together well.
- Serve fish topped with the vinaigrette and your sides of choice.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/