Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Mushroom Bisque with Chicken, Sausage and Sage
A classic favorite, with the addition of chicken, Italian sausage and a pinch of sage really make this a welcoming and hearty soup choice for your family.
Write a review
- 1 Qt. Chicken Broth
- 1 Lb Fresh Mushrooms, assorted, chopped
- 1 cup Sweet Onions, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. Butter, Salted
- 6 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 cup Half and Half or Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Meat, cooked, diced 1/2"
- 1 cup Italian Sausage, cooked, diced 1/2"
- 1 tsp. Rubbed Sage
- 1⁄4 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- In a medium large sauce pot over medium heat, melt butter until bubbly and saute/sweat onions until nearly soft.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook / saute 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add flour and cook into onions and mushrooms. Continue to cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes while stirring to cook flour.
- Add chicken broth and half and half. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes while stirring.
- Remove soup from heat and allow to cool 30 minutes then blend or puree until smooth.
- Return pureed soup to sauce pot and add cooked chicken meat, cooked Italian sausage, sage, black pepper and salt.
- Simmer 15 minutes to meld all flavors and adjust seasonings to taste.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/