Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Mulled Apple Cider Cocktail
The football games have already started, and it’s time to think of cider mills, sweet caramel apples, toasty bonfires and tailgate parties. Apple cocktails are a great way to start the season.
Write a review
- 1 Quart Apple Cider
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- Knob of Fresh Ginger
- 3 Whole Cloves
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 Firm Red Apple (skin on), cut into small cubes
- 1 Firm Green Apple (skin on), cut into small cubes
- 2 Lemons juiced
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Bottle of Sparkling Wine
- In a medium pot, over medium heat, add the cider, cinnamon sticks, fresh ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Stir to blend.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Reduce by half and taste for seasoning. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add apples, lemon juice and sugar. Toss to coat and add to the cider.
- Pour the cider and apple pieces in champagne flutes, filling them halfway, and top with sparkling wine.
- Stir and serve.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/