Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Mozzarella Salada Rustica
Tossed in our Emulsified Balsamic Dressing (See recipe on our website), this salad has always been one of our favorites and a real departure from a tossed salad or pasta salad at ANY picnic.
Write a review
- 2 each Peppers, Yellow Bell, Large, cut 1/4" x 1/4" x 3"
- 3 each Tomatoes, Roma (medium ripe), cut in half, then in 1/4" slices
- 1⁄2 each Onion, Red (Medium), cut in half, then 1/4" slices
- 1⁄2 cup Onion, Green, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Basil Leaves, Fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp. Garlic, Fresh, chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp. Black Pepper, Fresh
- 1⁄2 tsp. Salt, Kosher or Coarse
- 8 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese, Fresh, ciliegine, cut in half
- 1 cup Emulsifed Balsamic Dressing
- Prepare yellow pepper by placing each over a dry flame or under a hot broiler to blacken and blister the skin.
- After skin is black and while still hot, run under cold water while rubbing briskly to remove blackened skin.
- Remove stem and inner seeds and cut per directions.
- Once peppers have been chilled place them in a bowl and add all remaining ingredients.
- Toss well and allow to stand 30 minutes before serving. This will allow all the flavors to be married together and allow the salt to dissolve and improve each ingredient.
- To serve, potion the salad in chilled places and drizzle the dressing over the salad. This will allow the beauty of the salad to contrast against the emulsified Balsamic Dressing. You may also toss the salad in the dressing but the color contrast will not be as vivid.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/