Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Mint Julep Gelées
Write a review
- 2 Envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 2 Cups Water
- ½ Cup Packed Mint Leaves
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Kentucky Bourbon
As desired Garnishes
- Fresh Mint Sprigs
- Coarse Sparkling Sugar
- Sprinkle gelatin over the cold water in a medium saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add mint leaves and sugar.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, about 3 to 5 minutes or until just before it simmers.
- Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard mint leaves.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 9” x 5” loaf pan and chill 4 to 5 hours or until firm
- Turn out the gelee block and cut into squares approximately 1” to 1 ½”. Garnish with fresh mint sprig and coarse sugar.
- Makes about 18 cubes
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/