Share This RecipeUse the buttons below to share this recipe on popular social networks, print, or email it to a friend.
Michigan Black Bean Salad
This Mexican inspired salad can be served over a bed of Romaine lettuce or just on its own. Good, fresh tortilla chips are a MUST!!
Write a review
- 1 1⁄2 cup Black Beans, dry
- - cups Water
- 1⁄2 cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 each Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 each Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup Celery, sliced thin on angle
- 1⁄2 cup Red Onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 2 each Garlic Cloves, chopped
- - Salt, to taste
- - Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup Nino's Southwest Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 cups Corn Tortilla Chips, broken
- Soak black beans in water to cover overnight.
- Rinse beans and simmer in 4 to 5 cups of water until tender (about 1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- Drain and cool beans.
- Combine cooled beans with tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, celery, garlic, and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Nino's Southwest Chipotle Ranch Dressing and toss.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and broken tortilla chips.
Nino Salvaggio https://www.ninosalvaggio.com/